Messy Church USA Ambassadors
Throughout the US, we have Messy Church Ambassadors who love to tell the Messy Church story! These volunteers are committed to the Messy Church USA mission of equipping local Messy Churches to start, sustain, and connect with other Messy Churches around the country and the world. Our Ambassadors promote, encourage and support the development of Messy Churches of all Christian traditions.
Looking for help in some aspect of your Messy Church?
Contact Johannah Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with an ambassador close to your area.
For more information about these areas, here are some Ambassadors who’d love to talk with you:
- Bilingual Ministry Messy Churches Contact:
- Dori Fotsch at email@example.com
- Thousand Oaks United Methodist, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Rural Church/Small Church Contact:
- Rev. Michele Somerville @firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Canton United Methodist, Canton, PA
- Medium Size Church Contact
- Maureen Carey at email@example.com
- St David’s Episcopal Church, Ashburn, VA
Find out more about becoming an ambassador
Messy Church USA Ambassadors
Messy Church USA Mission: To equip Messy Churches to start, sustain & connect across the US.
Messy Church Ambassadors represent a select group of engaged, active, and dedicated members. These Ambassadors will promote, encourage and support the development of Messy Churches of all Christian denominations. They will represent the values and mission of Messy Church USA and tell the Messy Church story.
- To promote the values of Messy Church:1) Christ- centered, 2) Hospitality, 3) Creativity, 4) All-Age together, and 5) Celebration
- To share stories, pictures and ideas on social media or other formats (making sure that those in the photos have given permission to use) that share the Messy Church story and mission
- To pray for local Messy Churches and Messy Church leaders and actively encourage others in the Messy journey.
- Help promote Messy Church USA by passing on newsletters or other Messy Church communications, sharing social media posts, finding avenues to share the Messy Church story and build new relationships that could lead to the expansion of Messy Church USA’s mission.
- Promote training events, especially those in your region. Promote webinars and other training opportunities.
- Communicate with Messy Church teams and staff to pass on stories of Messy Church values being lived out in creative ways.
- Stay in touch with the Messy Church USA network and staff to know what is new and upcoming so that you may share that information with others.
- Attend quarterly Messy Ambassador meetings (held via Zoom.)
- When possible, Messy Ambassadors are encouraged to serve on one of the five Messy teams (Teams include: Training, Prayer/Encouragement, Writing, Development, Communication)
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and to the furthering of God’s Kingdom.
- Commitment to the mission of Messy Church USA to equip local Messy Churches to start, sustain and connect in the USA.
- Commitment to communicate the five foundational values of Messy Church USA: All-age together, Celebration, Creativity, Hospitality and Christ Centered.
- Effective practitioners/ leaders of their own local Messy Church for a minimum of one year
Messy Church Teams
Many of our Messy Church Ambassadors serve on one of our five volunteer teams. The teams are comprised of ambassadors, members of our Board of Directors and one staff member. These teams take on specific responsibilities to further our mission to equip local churches to start, sustain and connect in the USA and world.
Communications – Do you have a great Messy Church story to share? Reach out to our Communications Team! We love to share Messy stories! Contact Robin@messychurchusa.org
Find out more about the communications team
The MC USA Communication Team will work to promote the Messy Church USA story via a variety of channels such as social media platforms, website, print, and video. In addition to promoting and connecting Messy Churches to the USA network, the team will coordinate and highlight our unique Messy Church global partnerships. This team will also advocate for proper usage of the Messy Church logo /brand with churches in the USA in coordination with Bible Reading Fellowship.
Development – We are always looking for new connections with denominations and other organizations. Is there a conference you think Messy Church should be at, a grant program we should know about, or an organization we should meet? Contact Lynn@messychurchusa.org
Find out more about the development team
This team’s role is to help spread the Messy Church story by building relationships with faith formation leaders/influencers as well as denominational leaders. The team will explore Messy Church participation at national/international conferences that are consistent with the values of Messy Church. As new relationships develop and as the Messy Church story spreads, this team may also explore new funding opportunities, especially through grants.
Encouragement/Prayer – Are you a new Messy Church looking for some encouragement as you get started? An older Messy Church experiencing some bumps in the road? Reach out to our Encouragement team for some coaching, encouragement, and prayer. Contact Ronda@messychurchusa.org
Find out more about the encouragement/prayer team
This team provides the foundation of prayer and encouragement for uplifting local Messy Churches and Messy Church leaders. In addition to regularly praying for the Messy Church family, this team will serve as a resource for local Messy Churches and leaders who need encouragement in the form of support or coaching. This may include things like reaching out to new Messy Churches to encourage them or provide coaching for Messy Churches going through times of transition or struggle. In addition, this team will connect with new churches that register with the Messy Church USA network to provide resources and encouragement they may need at the start of their Messy Church journey.
Training – Are you hoping to host a training in your area or looking for other training opportunities? Contact Johannah@messychurchusa.org
Find out more about the training team
This team will work together to develop and implement training opportunities for Messy Church leaders. Their work will include assisting churches wanting to host a training, identifying training opportunities with Conferences or other agencies, developing online training (such as monthly webinars), and developing consistent and high-quality training tools. This team will also work to train new Messy Church trainers.
Writing– Is there a theme for a Messy Church Session that you have been looking for or one you have written that you would like to share? Is there a topic for a blog post that you have written or would like to be written? Contact Leyla@messychurchuusa.org.
Find out more about the writing team
This team will work together to produce blog posts and other newsletter items for the Messy Church USA newsletter/website. They will also work to create session material, especially sessions that we could sell through the MC USA website. This team could also work to explore the possibility of a Messy Church book(s) published for/in the USA.