Connecting in Prayer with our Newest Messy Churches
We recently checked in with churches that attended our Get Started in Messy Church training in October 2021 and in January 2022. We earlier focused on their joys and challenges in earlier blog posts. Today we connect with them in prayer. Take a moment to pray out loud, light a candle or simply pause in silence to remember these new Messy Churches in prayer.
How can we hold you in prayer?
- For our reach beyond ourselves to folks who don’t know God’s unconditional love for them (yet).
- There are so many moments of joy, but it still feels like a push to share the vision with our traditional church community. Please pray for our volunteers and for our Messy Church community to reach new people. Specifically, we are working on a Pray and Play back to school event in August. Pray for this to be a meaningful way to engage our church and our community.
- Just today we began exploring an idea for a collaborative Messy Church with a local affirming Methodist Church. Please pray for this team approach!
- Also, we are promoting our September Messy Church at our local Pride event this weekend. Please pray for our message of love to be accepted.
- Prayers for patience and creativity, as we strive to reach out in love, without leaving behind those who are full of faith, but also steeped in tradition.
- We have plans for a “Celebration Sunday” which will incorporate much of the Messy Church format, without using the logo or materials, other than for gleaning ideas. If response from families and church members is positive, we will try to repeat, on a regular basis, in accord with the church year. We will see where this leads us. Perhaps somewhere down the road to an actual “Messy Church.”
- Please pray that we can find the people for our team that will help us to grow and continue with Messy Church
- For continued guidance as the Spirit moves people to give Messy Church a try and spread the word and in thanksgiving for all the wonderful volunteers.