Practices to Sustain a Messy Church
Starting, Sustaining and Connecting Messy Churches is our mission at Messy Church USA! For the remainder of July, we will focus on the top five practices we have discovered to equip local churches as they start, sustain and connect.
To Sustain a Local Messy Church
- Join the Messy Church USA Team Leaders Facebook Group
- Establish a monthly time to both reflect and plan for Messy Church
- Share where you have noticed God at work
- Ask two questions about previous Messy Church. 1) What went well? 2) What could have gone better?
- Ask how you can pray for one another
- Read together the scripture for your next Messy Church
- Brainstorm together activities and ideas of how to illustrate your upcoming scripture
- Maintain the goal to be WITH your Messy Church community rather than doing Messy Church FOR the gathered community
- Discover and engage the Networkers and Mavens in your congregation (from Tipping Point by Malcomb Gladwell)
- Networker-those who know other people and shares the story of Messy Church to their many contacts
- Maven- those who pray for and build support and excitement for Messy Church in your local congregation and community
- Multiply intergenerational leaders for table hosts, other activities through mentorship model
- I do, you watch…we talk
- I do, you help…we talk
- You do, I help…we talk
- You do, I watch…we talk
Are you considering starting a Messy Church but not quite ready? Then check this Top 5 Practices Pre-Starting practices! Are you ready to START your Messy Church? Check these Top 5 Practices to Start!