Some Good reasons:
- We want to make disciples of Jesus through faith formation.
- The people in our communities who don’t belong to church would enjoy the experience of coming to a Messy Church.
- We want to share the love of God in Jesus in a way that’s as accessible as possible to families of all shapes and sizes.
- We believe that the best way for people of all ages to come closer to God is by journeying together.
- We want to model who Jesus is to those around us.
- We believe God is in Messy Church and we want to follow where God leads.
- We think Jesus is the person to give people in our community life in all its fullness.
- And many, more…
Some not as good reasons:
- It’s the latest thing so it must be good.
- The church up the road is running a Messy Church so we need to or we’ll get left out.
- The minister says we need one.
- We need younger people in our church to do the jobs we used to do when we were young.
- We want to revamp our Sunday congregation.
- We want to get together for a nice sociable time with crafting and games.
- It sounds fun.
- We’re bored with sermons and want to change.